Monday, October 21, 2013

Punaluu Black Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii

Aloha!

The land of crystal clear water, palm trees, pineapples & plenty of sunshine also boasts of Punaluu Black Sand Beach. When I first visited this beach on the Big Island, I couldn't believe my eyes.The sight is magnificent & one to behold. The black sand glitters along the shore & I almost pinched myself to believe & absorb the scenic wonder .

 I saw turtles resting on the sand & sun-bathing, unfazed by the numerous tourists trying to get a little close to them to capture the scene. There was a board that advised visitors not to go too close to the turtles & let them enjoy their time on the pristine sand. Some turtles were camouflaged in the sand.

Punaluu beach is a long stretch of black beauty. I had been to a black sand beach in Mauii too. It was a small one with too much gravel & hardly any people around. Big Island wins when it comes to Black Sand Beach. I cannot describe in words the wonder and amazement when I first picked up a fistful of sand and let the bead like black grains slip off my fingers while staring at the turquoise water. I was completely astounded by the surreal beauty of black sand.

It is a great place to relax, admire, unwind & be absorbed. Definitely add Punaluu Black Sand beach on your Big Island's places to visit list.
Mahalo!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sharing dear! I found this blog Very helpful because I am planning to go to 6 day hawaii tour with my wife and looking forward some information about attractions and things to do there. Now after reading this blog I have decided to visit the Punaluu Black Sand Beach because to go to the Big Island is in my tour plan. I hope we will enjoy there because we want to relax some time from this busy routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, I wish you and your wife a safe and fun trip to Hawaii. Thank you for following my blog closely. I will try and blog frequently about a few more places to visit as soon as I can. Yes, you will truly love this beach. It's a one-of-a-kind experience to spend time on this pristine stretch of black sand. Do write to me about your experience once you visit Punaluu beach.

      Delete
  3. The material and aggregation is excellent and telltale as comfortably. dissertation writing services Oahu restaurants

    ReplyDelete